Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Positivity+3

I've noticed quite a few friends, be it online friends or 'real life' friends seem to be having a hard time of things lately. I too am also not doing so great, so I thought we could all do with a little positivity. I have an infection and getting an infection when you already have a broken immune system = not such a desirable situation to be in! So it seemed like the perfect time to get episode 3 of the positivity series up. See Positivity+ here and Positivity+2 here


Why is a positive attitude so important?
Life is a journey, and that journey isn't always going to be a bed of roses. There will be pain, there will be sadness. That's just how life works. But if we allow ourselves to see the bright side of life, the silver lining in every cloud, and the glimmer of hope in every moment of darkness, the moments of pain and sadness will be a little easier to bare, even if the situation totally sucks, looking on the bright side and having an optimistic attitude will see us through it. When you can laugh through pain, you're already winning.

Positivity isn't about perfection or striving for it
Positivity is about acceptance. Loving ourselves for who we are. Accepting things and allowing ourselves to grow. Choosing to see the good in people and situations, choosing to be happy for others. Nobody is perfect and nobody has a perfect life no matter what their social media accounts may suggest. We don't need to strive for perfection either. Admitting and being open and honest about our battles and hardships doesn't mean we are being negative, it doesn't mean we are weak. It means we are being open to encouragement, swallowing pride, letting go of fears of judgement. We are sharing our stories with others, and who knows maybe even helping others as a result of that too and what could be more positive than that.



There are lots of things we can do to get into a positive mindset. Anyone can train their mind to see the good in things. Practising positivity as I like to call it. Little by little, day by day we can introduce positive activities into our lives, and soon enough, we will probably notice we're more optimistic and we are seeing things in a whole new light.


21 positivity tips:
- Spend time with people you love
- Listen to music that makes you feel how you want to feel
- Listen to music loudly and sing at the top of your lungs - even if you're terrible
- Cut out negative people who bring you down and wear you out
- Take time to do the things you enjoy
- Take time to smell the flowers and fill your lungs with fresh air
- Eat good food
- Express yourself
- Write down everything that has made you happy for a week, a month or a year
- Challenge negativity. Be stronger than negativity.
- Set goals and reward yourself when you've met those goals
- Collect your favourite quotes and images and put them into a book folder or box for inspiration
- See criticism as a way to grow and improve
- Hug people (people you know, not random strangers!)
- Share with others - share your worries, share your successes, share good moments
- Practise random acts of kindness
- Commit yourself to constant self-improvement
- Pamper yourself
- Take lots of snapshots
- Give compliments
- Never give up


I'd love to know how you stay positive? Leave your answers in a comment below!


43 comments:

  1. I love this so much.Your attitude along inspires me to be positive! As a mild M.E sufferer I have no reason to complain, you manage to stay so positive and that inspires me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's such a nice thing to say. We all have a right to complain now and then though, especially when hormonal, we need to let it out!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words Hayley-Eszti. I need to write your list down and try to do more of those things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billy, that's a good idea, I hope it helps you :)

      Delete
  3. This is just what I needed today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Claire! I hope you are OK xxx

      Delete
  4. You have such a way with words! This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share with others - share your worries, share your successes, share good moments
    This is the best tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite tip is to sing loudly, I love to sing! It makes me happy :)

      Delete
  6. Quite often I compliment a waitress (for instance) or a stranger in an elevator on their earrings--it makes both of us feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit fishducky! It's always nice when strangers guve sincere compliments for no personal gain

      Delete
  7. I like to find inspirational quotes to stay positive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people that helpful, there's endless amounts online too which is great!

      Delete
  8. Excellent, this is my favourite of the series so far! As for me, my positive energies come from those I spend my time with, my cheerful and energetic friends and my positive partner who inspires me not to give up. Thanks for this and I hope the infection soon buggers off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it, time with those you love is the best way to stay happy and positive! :)

      Delete
  9. I am so sorry you aren't doing well:( Sending thoughts your way for the infection to go away quick. I really loved the point that positivity is about acceptance, not perfection or striving for it. For me staying positive is all about knowing that what is happening is only temporary. I look to the little things and work to remember to let the ups of life weigh more then the downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nichole, that's a great way of looking at things, I need to remember that one :)

      Delete
  10. An great collection of tips!. Take care of yourself and hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for visiting my post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you start to feel a little better soon.
    I love how positive you are, staying positive is the best way to be.
    I print up positive quotes and stick them up in rooms around my house, I have them saved on my phone and laptop as well so that I can see them everyday, and I believe them! They really do help on those days where you feel a bit low. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, bringing positivity into the home is perfect! When we are having bad days, looking through positive images is sure to help us feel a little better, even if we are feeling really crappy!

      Delete
  12. I love these tips! It's so nice of you to share this! xx

    http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been a real miserable mess lately and this post is certainly something i'll keep referring to! Hope you recover real soon lovely xxx

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it helps you :)

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear about your infection - I think I have another one brewing too! Great post though about keeping positive I am a strong believer in remaining positive! xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! They are not welcome when we already have enough going on! I do too +++

      Delete
  15. Such a lovely post Hayley, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great tips, Hayley, and timely for all of us. Just seeing the beauty around us (and your blog not only does that, but is that) is probably my greatest mood booster. Thanks so much for the post. Virtual hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say Carol, thank you!

      Delete
  17. love this post! i really need to be more positive

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful and encouraging post, Hayley! Thank you so dearly for sharing! It's true that positivity is so important, especially when faced with so many challenges. I love your ideas of staying positive. It's so true that we should celebrate the small accomplishments! So today, I celebrate you for taking the time to write this post even though feeling so ill. Kudos, my friend! :)

    Love to you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, you're so kind! <3

      Delete
  19. As an M.E sufferer myself I can totally understand the need need to stay positive through all the negatives. I've actually just started my own little baby of a blog about trying to stay positive on the long road to recovery!
    Well done you on such a lovely post :)

    Alice x
    slowlymendingme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so important, we'd go insane and the illness would win if not! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this post! Such good points and beautiful photos - positivity really is so important to living well with (and succeeding despite) chronic illness. I liked what you said about admitting our struggles isn't a negative thing... I used to never say anything about how I was feeling as I didn't want to be seen as 'complaining', but now I realise that telling friends and family how I feel can actually be a really positive thing because being open means that they can help me. Definitely some good things to remember - thank you for this lovely <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it. Leave your blog links for me to look at and if you have a question don't forget to check back for a reply or tweet me directly @hayleyszucs :)