Saturday, 14 December 2013

Snowy Mountain Tops and Frozen Waterfalls

Something very rare happened to me last week, an unusual feeling, I felt well enough to have an afternoon out with my boyfriend! yay! As you know leaving the bed/house isn't a very common occurrence for me, but we really wanted to go to the mountains as they are so pretty when the snow falls during winter so we jumped at the chance when it came. You might know by now we basically live half way up a mountain anyway, but we drove further north getting higher and higher at every corner. One of the best things about a trip out like this is that I can stay in the car pretty much the whole time as the drive is half the fun and the views are simply amazing! My poorly sick body isn't very strong but it managed to hold on quite well during the day, which I was both surprised and pleased about. I even managed a small five minute walk which is a lot for me and we discovered a big frozen lake and waterfall behind some trees which was an unexpected surprise! I think I talked that one up as 5 minutes before I was telling Alex how much I'd love to visit the Niagara falls. Granted it wasn't the Niagara falls but I suppose it's a start.

Once we arrived to the village at the top where there are a few cafes, shops and also a skiing and snowboarding resort we went to warm up (I was freezing despite all the layers I had on!) with a hot chocolate and admire the views from inside the warm in one of the cafes. It was such a nice escape from my bed and getting out into the real world, especially in such peaceful surroundings, once in a while refreshes my mind and helps keeps me sane (ish)

































































Sadly I do have to report that once I got home I really did pay the price and have been very poorly ever since but the way I look at it is that the memories of the day out will last much longer than the pain and suffering will, and being a sick person is normal for me, being an adventurer is a rare treat so it was definitely worth it!

I hope you have all been doing OK and enjoying getting into the festive spirit :)  


x Hayley-Eszti





Twitter @hayleyszucs      Instagram @hayley_eszti       Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place you went to--my favorite things in the world are sunsets & waterfalls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shots, I like the frozen waterfall. The mountains look like our mountains here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very peaceful, mountains tend to all look the same don´t they.

      Delete
  3. aww I'm so happy you were well enough for that day out (but sorry to read your body paid the price after)
    The plays looks incredibly beautiful- I want to go there!!

    xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos really don´t do the beauty of the place justice, they never do!

      Delete
  4. So sorry that you're paying the price but great that you have those beautiful photos to remind you of your little adventure out. Take care.

    www.lifeintheslowlanewithme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You expect it, but the memories will last forever, and I don´t mind paying for having a little fun and being a normal person for a while :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! Hayley-Eszti, these are beautiful shots!! I can see how this scenery would give you a lift of spirit and I agree with you that it was worth it to experience this for yourself. Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time and energy to share this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, it is so nice to be close enough to visit without needing to travel far, and it is so refreshing to go to places like that :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, Excellent pics! Looks like a wonderful place

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that you felt well enough to have a day out and about in such a gorgeous place. I had no idea the mountains in Spain were tall enough to get all that snow. Your pictures are amazing! And you are right the memories will last, the pictures will be there, and thanks for sharing them. Hope you will feel well enough to have a good Christmas back home. Take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are pretty big! I didn't know they were before I came here either. Glad you like them, I knew you would!

      Delete
  8. Oooh these photos are beautiful. I really love the one of the house with all the ice and snow on it - that looks crazy!!! I am sorry that you are paying the price for the fun. I know that feeling... it sucks, but I do think we bear it better when we have actually gotten out of the four walls and have some lovely imagery to remember. When I was a child, my mum used to put me in the car and drive me around just for that reason, or when I was attending school half time she'd pick me up at lunchtime and then drive me home the 'scenic route' to relax me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics. I also have M.E. so understand that sometimes you have to take an opportunity even though you know you'll pay later. What a place to be ill in though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a great post! those pictures are so pretty!
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it. Leave your blog links so I can come and read yours and if you have a question don't forget to check back or subscribe to comments for a reply :)